After GP2 Asia came to an end and seeing the void left by the Formula BMW Asia Championship, MERITUS decided to organise AsiaCup. The champion-ship focused on developing young talent in the Motorsport industry, giving the start to many young drivers including:
- Jordan Love – winning Porsche Carerra Cup
- Arjun Maini – racing in Formula 2
- Colton Herta – winning in IndyCar
- Gabriel Aubry – winning in LMP2
- Nikita Mazepin – racing in Formula 2
- Jake Parsons – racing in Asian Le Mans
We’ll have a full page up about our past championships soon, so please bear with us.